Air freight

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Alright I'll try and find a small esky. Put some holes in then tape it closed with correct signage on the lid. Thanks guys.

What if they tell me an esky isn't good enough? I have it set in my mind that they are going to be super picky and if shes packed wrong then take her off me or something. :x

All of the ways you have been told have been used before so they will be fine. You could say what if about any way that you are told but there is only one way to find out. Just do it. The freight people do not have the authority or inclination to remove your snake from you even if you turned up with it in a paper bag, they will just say that you can not use there service like that.

A foam container with a hard plastic container inside is the way to go ,they will accept this at the airport ,wood is too heavy,plastic alone is not insulated.

Post #38 on https://aussiepythons.com/forum/gen.../sydney-aae-freight-regulations-157596/page/3 has some suggestions, although the link doesn't work.

From what I could determine from the Qantas website, the service you would need is Q-GO Animals and this is what they say about container requirements:

"The animal container is the responsibility of the freight forwarder or shipper and must comply with IATA animal construction, ventilation, safety and animal health and welfare requirements."

I'm in the process of sourcing copies of the relevant documents that don't require payment...

Lawra,I am a Contractor for Qantas Freight Brisbane and hope this helps. After reading the posts here I got the copy of the IATA Animal Regulations book and scanned pages of the book and hope these guidelines help

If you need further info just ask

Attachments

• 1902_001.pdf
    361.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
Thats ok Beans and snakes lizards turtles etc. go under the QGO Animals Product

It also would be a good idea to make a booking for shipment on 131213 with Qantas Freight reservations team please also provide the total weight and dimensions of the outside box

Just a quick update on what I have decided to do. Seeing as its my first time freighting a reptile, I'm too afraid of doing something wrong, so for the first time. I'm going to use a company called Dogtainers. Very reputable, they use insulated containers and everything. They have lots of good feed back and have 40 years experience.

If I ever need to fright again, I'll do it myself. Which I will because I still need to bring my beardie up to QLD too. Only reason I'm not yet is money and mum feels better looking after him over the snake. Plus the snake is still young-ish.

So there's an update. Thanks for all your guys help, I will definitely take it on board when I need to do this again.

I will be leaving this friday on a 1:30 pm flight. Just waiting today to get my movement permit.

Yeah I thought so. They seem like they know what they are all doing :)

My darwin python arrived cold. But safe and sound. She's in her new 100 liter tub calming down and sitting at a toasty 32 degrees. Dogtainers are very good and I will use them again if I need to. Thanks for all your help guys.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

pejyre9y.jpg

I just saw these tool boxes at Cheap As Chips $3.

Anthony
aka White Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back