thinking i have two males? opinions?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbest

Reaction score
Same old story im guessing. I never double checked the sexes of the pythons when i bought them. Anyway went to put my two boodarie womas together for the first time recently and as soon as they got the wiff of each other they went flying in opposite directions. Ive never seen those two pythons move so quick. Thought id double check to be sure and same thing happened. Does this sound standard for two males?

My experience was quite the opposite, believing i had a female (darwin) i took 'her' around to a friends place to meet her male, once her male got a whiff he came bolting over wrapped around my 'female' and slammed her into the glass,....which was how i found out my 'female' was really a male.

It isn't the best sign, but I have had definite pairs flip out when introduced in the past.

Where abouts on the Gold Coast are you ? I might be able to help you out with getting the probed.

Sometimes that can happen when they're not prepared adequately and aren't in breeding mode. I put my greens together too early and had the same reaction, separated them and lengthened the cooling night period and put them together a fortnight later and it was love at first sight.

Last edited:
Yeah, if you haven't got experience with probing think long and hard before you do it yourself, you can do serious damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back