1st time breeding need advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjryan

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have cooled my python i have jungle darwins bredli and coastals the advice i need is
do the python breed in the cool or wen it heat up
wen i heat them back up do i do it the same way for cooling (slowly)
thank you

Ps i have olive and bhp to and they are well in to breeding

The complete carpet Python by Mutton and Julander gives you a fantastic guide to cooling etc I haven't bred myself so dont feel it would be smart of me to recite what I have researched. You dont appear to be getting any other answers so I felt directing you to my favorite book would be far more helpful :)
Good luck
regards
Crystal

My advice would be if you don't know these things then perhaps you're not ready to begin breeding. Skip this season, do some research, get your confidence up and give it a shot next year.
Also think, are you prepared to handle that much breeding first time around? Thats incubation and accommodation for roughly 80 or so eggs then hatchies. Plus the effort it takes to care for them before they're ready for sale - which can be more than a couple of months if you have problem feeders or it's a slow market.
There's a lot more to consider here than just putting animals together = babies = cash, and I get the feeling if you're asking simple questions like when to pair snakes and how to get them out of brumation then you're really not prepared for any of this.

It my first time breeding caostal jungle bredli and darwins i have bred olive and bhp
i didnt ask about pairing them up or how to get them out of brumation
I asked will they breed wen its cold or hot

the reason i asked is because i have lookin at so many ways of doing it in book and the internet i just making sure im doing it the best way
1 do they breed as it warm up or wen it hot
2 Is it better to warm up slow or just turn heat back up

There is a book called 'Keeping & Breeding Australian Pythons' that has a breeding section on each of the pythons species you are enquiring about, written by breeders who have bred that species. It gives their tips/trick and breeding calendars for each of the species also. This will be an excellent guide for you as the 4 species you mentioned are not the same in their breeding schedules.

HTH

u can pair your jungles and darwins now
give it a few more week for your coastals and bredli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back