When do you guys start introducing your spotted pythons together for breeding?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockie_1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey I was wondering what time do you begin the introduction period for your spotted pythons? this will be my first year at trying to breed them and i keep getting mixed opinions on when to do so. So I'm hoping someone on here can give me some advice?

thanks in advance guys,

Lockie.

When the males start to appear agitated and become active I throw them all in a bin. Viola! Simple as that.

It's really starting to get on my nerves as I really wanted to see some ... So you are thinking about breeding

play pokies online

Last edited:
I put mine together in April this year as it started to get quite cold over night and they have been breeding since, what I look for when breeding them is over night temps of around 10 to 15 degrees over night then I turn my heat off over night but I have heat of around 28 to 30 degrees from 7 am to 6 pm during the day, I then wait for the male to start pacing his viv when I see this i put him in with the female then it's a waiting game until both of them stop mating and they stop locking up then I wait to see if the female starts inverting on her back and then I put a nesting tub in with her then it's back to a waiting game again and I sit tight to wait for signs of things getting closer like prelay shedding which lets you know it shouldn't be to long before laying should occur that's just a bit of what I do to get them breeding it's worked for me so far hope it helps.

Last year I didn't put them together until mid may as it wasn't cold enough over night so the start of breeding for me is studying the weather for over night temps from about the end of Feb so I can gauge when to start cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back