coastal carpet python breeding help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MurrayDarling101

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey I have a 4 year old male coastal carpet python, he is around 6-7 foot. im soon purchasing a 6 year old female, she is around 8-9 foot. Will she be to big for breeding with my male and how should I introduce them to each other,?
Thanks any help is appreciated

size will be fine, but what about quarantine?

any snake coming into your collection should be kept separate(quarantined) for at least 3 months 6 is even better. this is to ensure that the new animal doesn't have any transmittable diseases etc. i spoke to a reptile vet about this and was told that at this time of year the snakes often wont show obvious symptoms. i am by no means an expert though im sure a more experienced member could clarify this.

any snake coming into your collection should be kept separate(quarantined) for at least 3 months 6 is even better. this is to ensure that the new animal doesn't have any transmittable diseases etc. i spoke to a reptile vet about this and was told that at this time of year the snakes often wont show obvious symptoms. i am by no means an expert though im sure a more experienced member could clarify this.

To quarantine for as little time as 3 or 6 months isn't worth a cracker when it come to viruses! Minimum time frame should be no less than 12 months and even then there is still a risk all be it a lesser one!

When you are housing snakes at the same premises, quarantine is all bs.

- - - Updated - - -

To quarantine for as little time as 3 or 6 months isn't worth a cracker when it come to viruses! Minimum time frame should be no less than 12 months and even then there is still a risk all be it a lesser one!

can you please provide information on what viruses lay dormant for over 6 months?

can you please provide information on what viruses lay dormant for over 6 months?

"It is believed that this virus (OPMV) can lay dormant for anywhere up to 10 months hence the 12 month recommendation."

believed or proven?

The American Association of Zoo Veterinarians published a manual that referred to recorded cases with an incubation period of some ten months for OPMV, published in 2013.

When you are housing snakes at the same premises, quarantine is all bs.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please provide evidence for this statement?
If you know what your doing this is easily acheivable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back