Guns, snakes, drugs found at Rebels' homes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
FOUR men were arrested as Strike Force Raptor seized guns, snakes and drugs from members of the Rebels motorcycle gang.
mf.gif

d5UnMKLCKbE

Published On: 20-Jun-14 02:03 PM
Source: via NEWS.com.au

Go to Original Article

I've read the article above. People who keep pythons legally have nothing to be concerned about.

Anthony
aka White Shadow

it is no threat to licenced reptile keepers I agree
But image has ???? marks
do some people start to think that keeping pythons ,mean that reptile keepers are drug dealers or outlaw mc club members or gang members
I don't think so but you don't know what some people think about us reptile keepers when in the news everytime there is a bikie raid with a python they have to state there was pythons or snakes. they do not say if there is a reptile licence to keep these pythons.
there to busy attack the fact someone has a python and class them as drug dealing or gang members

I agree ,the media like to beat up things like this,"ooh criminal has snakes,must be illegal"
don't bother checking facts ,might get in the way of a headline

Bike club members with guns , drugs and snakes !! Wow , what a surprise. Never seen that before. Must be a slow news day.

The media are determined not to allow the image of keeping snakes as pets to become mainstream and be seen as normal. That is despite the fact that little kids (with parental help) right through to grannies keep pythons. Everday people from all walks of life are snake keepers. Yet the media would have non-keepers believe otherwise through association and innuendo, so they can sell 'news'.

I'll gurantee some of the bikie houses busted had unregistered or unlicenced dogs, cats or birds. Why do we never see the headline "Police seize guns, parrots and drugs from bikie hangout"?

Blue

I think we all are aware the illegal fauna trade is rife throughout Australia. The nature of the OMCs activities lends itself to this industry. From my experience, the negative undertones that we read about in forums and on FB groups, are not as extreme as some people imply. I would be conservative I think in saying around 7/10 people I have talked to about my collection or how to deal with unwanted visitors are generally excepting and often quite interested.
I have never been confused for a member of one of these OMCs simply because of my love of herpetofauna.

there is NO mention of the Alpaca , , which was returned to its owner the same day . I think it would take longer to get a Snake back !!
( even if it was chipped )

I agree ,the media like to beat up things like this,"ooh criminal has snakes,must be illegal"
don't bother checking facts ,might get in the way of a headline

surely you dont think the media ever check facts ???? stories like this are always done by someone who is against what he/she is writing about. you dont see a liberal supporter bagging Abbott , do you ???
And do you all know why Bikie gangs keep snakes .... and what sort of snakes they keep ???? there is a reason.

Yep, it'll look far worse and have a far bigger impact on firearms owners than reptile owners! Doncha know we're all just mass murdurers and bikies in the making? :rolleyes:

I had a lot to do with different motorcycle groups back in the early 80's and 90's transporting performance bike parts around OZ for them on the cheap and the 1 thing they all had in common was Snakes and Scorpions, so i don't think the image of regular collectors and fanciers is going to suffer from these arrests, if anything it might show all us licensed people in a more responsible light. :) ..............................................Ron

surely you dont think the media ever check facts ???? stories like this are always done by someone who is against what he/she is writing about. you dont see a liberal supporter bagging Abbott , do you ???
And do you all know why Bikie gangs keep snakes .... and what sort of snakes they keep ???? there is a reason.
Please tell us master ,give us a sign !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back