Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I may have cracked the Boodaries this year. At 1.5 years they had the size, but no interest. At 2.5 he was too dorky for her. At 3.5 they are finally behaving like adults
azupysa8.jpg

Yeah Susan mine where like that. Once they learn sex is as good as food they have similar responses.
If you get a clutch this season just remember womas require a drier substrate medium than species like Morelia.

I've been getting drier and drier each season. Have settled on for every 100g medium weighed i use 50 grams water weighed.

Last season Dave Evans went totally dry with perlite (eggs created own moister requirements) and they all hatched without issue.

Got to love a womas though i also know guys do them over the zero substrate method too with good success. But i perfer the drier medium as ive lost eggs previously to excess moister

Thanks for the substrate recipe. Was planning on using perlite or vermiculite this year rather than the over water method that I use for the Darwins. I hope I get the chance to try it!

I stay right away from vermiculite as it isnt sterile and can promote fungus.

As for substrate i only use perlite 100% sterile havent had a fungus issue using it.

Hope you crack a clutch this season the babies are a blast with heaps of personality.... lol

Cracked RSP hatchies last season and they were different again. Love hatchy personalities

This is Snack, got this guy november last year. He is my first snake/reptile and I couldn't of asked for a better introduction to the hobby
1q8shR0l.jpg

extremely gentle.

Attachments

• Woma.jpg
    Woma.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 526
Last edited:
Yommy do you have any pics of r.p rabbit flat hatches ?

I do but its easier with iphone to upload straight to FB. Will have to throw some up here. I will be advertising soon as i have 3 females and 2 males from this last season soon......

- - - Updated - - -

some from this season

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 81
Nice zeke, pair i kept back from last seasons ,parents went and other hatchlings but i had to keep these i still like the species.

My girls first bite
surprised it didn't bleed moreimage.jpgimage.jpg Got me lightly

- - - Updated - - -

Love my girl

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I acquired my very first Woma (6 month old) yesterday and have a question about ambient temps. I keep seeing posts stating that some of you are only using a heat mat to heat your enclosures. I have a 8 watt Exo Terra heat mat I have stuck to the underside of a tile and have a constant 32-33 Celsius on the surface (I run this at this temp 24/7), I also run a 60 watt red UV light during daylight hours to simulate the sun, however, being this time of year my ambient temp is only at 22 - 23 Celsius. Is this too low of an ambient temperature and should I be concerned? (concerned as in tomorrow buy a CHE to bring the warm end ambient up?)

Thought I better attach a picture for you all as well :)

Last edited:
Ok. I have ordered another thermostat for the heat mat as well, it's currently sitting at 33 and she sits on the edge of the tile. I can't believe how quickly she has settled in though. I have another question as well, she has some weird scaly piece hanging from her cloaca, I'm not entirely sure what from, it was there when I got her. I was going to wait until she passes the mouse she had this week or she sheds. Any idea what it could be?

Also I fixed the image.

Last edited:
Lol I am too, I think they meant IR but still strange to how this can simulate the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry guys, I was extremely tired when I wrote that, Yes, I meant IR, not sure how I got them confused. I really excel at making a fool of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back