Victorian - Wildlife Return.. no letter?? no reminder??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djando98

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice.

This morning i woke up and realised that usually around this time of year i would be required to complete a Wildlife Return.. and wondered where the form was as i didn't remember receiving one..

After a not so quick 15 mins of trying to navigate the new DSE website i found that they were meant to have been lodged by 14/04..

Now.. it is well past the 14th of april and i have not completed a return...

If i lodge a return now will they accept it? and will i be penalised??

Would have been nice if they let us know that they weren't sending out the return forms this year...

:?:?

Your return information was in the same paperwork as your licence when you received it on renewal. They will accept it but it may well lead to a visit or a small fine. They have been on the war path over the last 6 months so anything is possible

Last edited:
Thanks, I am aware that the form was on the back of the licence form, its just in previous years they have sent a reminder/return form towards the end of March..
It even says on the front of the Record Book "A 'Returns Reminder' will be posted to you a week before your return is due"...

Will i be penalised because I forgot, even though they used to send a reminder?? (because i could plan my own surprise party I'm that forgetful..)

- - - Updated - - -

and i just read the whole licence letter...

nice that they snuck it in right down the bottom....

hopefully they will be lenient as this is a new change.. *crosses fingers*

Last edited:
*Good Morning from another Dong member :p

I was a little late this year too - after discovering that I couldn't fill in the paperwork online. Filled it out, sent it away and haven't heard anything back (no news is good news right?)

They have been on the war path over the last 6 months so anything is possible

It's interesting you say that, what's your reason for doing so? I got audited earlier this year, first time in about 11 years & the funny thing was I probably wouldn't have been if A. I hadn't voluntarily submitted my own logbook so I could get a replacement & B. They hadn't made the process of acquiring a new log book last for -at least- six weeks.

The whole ordeal felt like I was banging my head against a wall, made of razor blades.. lined with acid.

I was late also but only because I was instructed not to bother with a return until my log book got straightened out, then I was later reminded by a different DSE employee that my return form was late, eye twitch. I was issued a 'warning' but that wasn't just for the late return so I'm betting if you submit your return form now you'll be fine.

Last edited:
If DSE visit it is advisable to quarantine them for at least 12 months in case they are carrying deseases from other collections they have visited .
They could also be peds or thieves ,cant be too careful these days ,most wouldnt but you cant just let anyone in off the street .

If DSE visit it is advisable to quarantine them for at least 12 months in case they are carrying deseases from other collections they have visited .
They could also be peds or thieves ,cant be too careful these days ,most wouldnt but you cant just let anyone in off the street .

What diseases can people pass onto snakes?

What diseases can people pass onto snakes?[/QU
They can carry snake mites viruses or germs as they go from one collection to the next like blow flys.

If they come to your house, is it be possible to request they change clothes (to a set of your own) wear latex gloves, a shower cap and leave their shoes and socks at the door (give them new socks) before allowing entry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back