Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How bout this for over kill

- - - Updated - - -

They call it a southwest dog python

Attachments

• 20140305_160922.jpg
    20140305_160922.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 146
Jack, if you would like to pop into The Reptile Outlet at Oxley you'll be able to see how we keep our Antaresia as we have several on display in the shop. You'll also be able to chat with our experienced staff who all keep reptiles and will help you with any advice that you need. We have Brisbane's largest range of reptile accessories as well, so you'll be spoilt for choice if needing to accessorise your enclosure. We'll be able to advise you as well regarding enclosure sizes, good first time snake, etc. Personally I would go with one of the Antaresia range, either Children's, Spotteds, or Stimmie. You'll find us at The Reptile Outlet, Shop 6, 1118 Oxley Road, Oxley. Qld. 4075. Ph: (07) 3278 2888

Diamonds are a great first time snake, as long as you are aware that overheating them will do long term damage, theyre as easy to care for as any other morelia.

The enclosure size you stated is within the legal bounds in NSW, so it will be acceptable wherever you are, however, im like andynic and prefer overkill, i find my diamonds are quite active and really appreciate the space provided. :p

Best thing about diamonds, its impossible to find an ugly one, whether theyre high yellow, bw or dark, theyre all absolutely stunning animals. Im rather partial towards the darker ones,....the glossy black has an almost oily sheen to it,....

I'm another that is in favour of getting the snake that you REALLY want, rather than what people deem to be "beginner" snakes.

I was told not to get a Jungle. I got a Jungle. I love my Jungle and I'm sure if his brain would allow it, he would love me back. If you respect your python, it's needs and do lots of research, you'll get so much joy from a Diamond.

Best of luck and when you choose your snake be sure to post come photo's :)

P.S. Someone suggested a "Click Clack" (small plastic tub style enclosure, if you search for them in these forums you'll find some handy threads on how to build one) and they're great to start off with as they allow you to gain confidence with a small size python.

I agree get what you want but with in reason obviously large and powerful snakes such as olive pythons,scrubs are best to be avoided for a first snake... I've listed a few species which are great starter snakes that are tolerable to husbandry mistakes and are generally good feeders and pretty Easy to handle and maintain.

1. Woma pythons in my opinion are the best starter snakes don't grow to large easy to care for and love food! And range from $250 and go up from there

2. Coastal carpet python you can't go wrong with a coastal very easy to care for and love food as well they grow larger then womas there for will need a larger enclosure when fully grown and range from $125 and up

3. any of the children's pythons group would a great first snake they don't grow to big once feeding they can't be stopped lol and you can pick a spotted python or a stimsons up from $150 and there's lots of different paint jobs and locality's to pick from with all 4 members of the children's python family.

but no matter what snake you decide to buy make sure it's from a reputable breeder hope this helps cheers Matt :)

thanks everyone for all the advice and tips i really do appreciate it all, its great to be able to talk to knowledgeable people like yourselves about things im just not to sure about. cheers guys :)

i think you get a coastal python! that was my first snake and they are very placid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back