Murray Darling Healthy Length/Weight Ratio

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HarleyQuinn

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My Murray Darling is approx 2.5 years old, I have had him for about 7 months or so. I measured him today and he weighs about 2kg and is between 160-165cm (he was a pain in the butt to measure!)

I was wondering if this is a healthy ratio for this species of snake?

Cheers

I have never worried about length....to me it really doesn't tell me much about the condition of a snake. A lot of people get hung up on it. Weight and visual condition tells me more about a snake than length ever will.

Given the weights and ages of my MD's I would consider yours to be in the right weight range for age....but possibly towards the 'higher' end of normal. If it exhibits the small 'dimple' along the spine (indicating that it is not carrying excess fat) and is in otherwise good health then it sounds fine.

Ah! Thank you!

I thought there might have been a ratio kind of like the BMI for humans, he's got that ridge down his spine that you mentioned and there are no issues with his scales or anything so I think he's just fine.

Thank again for your advice.

No worries....Enjoy your MD - They are a very under rated species, I have a bit of a soft spot for these gentle creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back