It doesn't take long

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

A friend visiting a reptile show in America noticed "Albino" Olive Pythons and Rough Scale Pythons for sale (no prices mentioned)it sure doesn't take long b4 they appear overseas these days. solar 17 ~B~

Rough scale pythons have been over there for at least a year or two in pretty sure. But they've definitely been smuggled.

while I'm sure some where smuggled, they were legally exported to zoos overseas and some zoos sell to private breeders. So they have not all been smuggled.

Terry Phillip at Reptile Gardens has Legal Roughies

Brian Barczyk has had a Roughie for about 4 years now I think...

They swapped us for Jags, Leatherbacks and Zebra's.

really? when were jags, leatherbacks and zebra's legally brought into the country? I think you will find that jags were swapped for albinos and leatherbacks have been here even before then.

Add to the list albino and hypermelanistic blue tongues. They are starting to pop up recently(the last couple of years) in increasing numbers in the states and Europe.

The rough scales and the bluetongues were part of an exchange and sale that the Aust Reptile Park did a number of years back with OS zoos etc. I cant remember the exact items but they got a number animals they were after in exchange.

Obviously there are legally acquired animals in the hands of Private keepers as the zoos/Institutes that Acquired them Legally would have Reproduced them for trade or sale ect. But sure they would have been there illegally long ago as well.

Regards Matt.

Last edited:
really? when were jags, leatherbacks and zebra's legally brought into the country? I think you will find that jags were swapped for albinos and leatherbacks have been here even before then.

I never said it was legally done, but we went from albino, hypo and striped animals to every colour of the rainbow within a couple of years, did they just mysteriously hatch in the space of one or two seasons? I think not, they were smuggled in by lowlife scum.

I think albino smooth knob tails took a while to be smuggled though. They have been in the states for almost 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back