Ahs june meeting - hal cogger

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

girdheinz

Reaction score
What an exciting month coming up. The AHS is proud to present a presentation from none other than "Hal Cogger" on his current work on the herps of Christmas Island and their decline to extinction.

Hal is a life member of the Australian Herpetological Society and was very active in it's early days. He last spoke at the Society in the late 80's early 90's so it is a real pleasure to have this icon of Australian Herpetology talking to us on the night.

Wed 25/06/14, SMSA Level 1, Mitchell Theatre - Bldg 280 Pitt St Sydney. &pm for a 7.30pm start.

If you have a copy of Hal's new book, he will be happy to sign it for AHS members who come along on the night.

Don't forget memberships are now due www.ahs.org.au

Thanks for letting everyone know about this mate.
Hal's a legend and this meeting is not one to be missed.
I hope the room is big enough!

Very much looking forward to this month's meeting with Cogger as the guest speaker.
A rare opportunity to meet a legend of the Aussie herp community & to hear him speak.

As usual we'll have tea/coffee etc available, raffle prizes up for grabs, & a chance to mingle with like minded people.
Hope to see you there, members, guests, & visitors all welcome.

does anyone film these things and put on youtube etc.?
Due to work commitments I can't make it but would really like to see the grandfather at work.

Nope, you have to attend to see the meetings sorry... ;). Yes, an absolute legend of the Australian and World herp scene... one not to be missed!

Let's hope we get a full house, he certainly deserves it.
We will also have some sensational raffle prizes for the night, and hopefully a limited number of Hal's latest book for sale.

I think the last time I saw Cogger at the AHS was in '94 when he spoke about New Guinea expeditions... about time I bothered to visit Sydney again I guess?

Just a reminder that this very special herp meet is on next Wednesday the 25th of June.
It takes a lot to drag me out of the bush and into the big smoke but this will be worth it.
Hopefully there will be a lot of familiar old faces there.
It'll be a good opportunity for herpers and keepers alike to meet and listen to one of the legends of Australian herpetology.

Last edited:
Just a reminder that this very special herp meet is on tonight.
It takes a lot to drag me out of the bush and into the big smoke but this will be worth it.
Hopefully there will be a lot of familiar old faces there.
It'll be a good opportunity for herpers and keepers alike to meet and listen to one of the legends of Australian herpetology.
must borrow your tardis sometime

:lol: sure thing Jack, you're welcome to borrow it any time you like. I don't use it much these days anyway, as I much prefer the teleporter because I was never very good with dates.:facepalm:

Currently the AHS has a number of things planned for the next few months and this is one of them. This is a must see event.

For those unfamiliar with the AHS it is the oldest Herp Soc in Australia dating back to 1949 and has a broad and diverse membership. If you live in Sydney, have an interest in herps you really should consider joining, so why not check this meeting out to see what the society has to offer.

A signed copy of Hal Coggers 7th Edition will be the raffle price and another copy is up for auction. A great talk, great prizes and great company so there's no excuse for not being there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back