Starting an enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekans

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, I am thinking of starting my own build for my 8 month old woma python (and eventually making my own background). I am thinking of making it around 1200mm long, 500mm high and 500mm deep. Can anyone recommend a good place where I can get it cut to size plus vents and light fitting cut out?

Thankyou :)

Bunnings or masters would be where I would go or a cabinet maker. They could cut it to size and u can screw it together.

Anthony
aka White Shadow

go to Bunnings and buy 1200mm long sheets by 495 of there melamine and just use a jig saw to cut your holes. there only $14.50 a sheet and they also sell the glass rails for $20. cabinet makers can charge quit abit just to rip down sheets so give it ago yourself.

Yeah i did exactly that, bought melamine from bunnings, they cut it to size, 120 x60 on the long pieces and 60 x 60 for the sides, screwed them all together, siliconed the edges, just because if water gets into the melamine it can balloon up, and then bought some plastic tracks and glass cut to size from a local glass cutter, for about 20 bucks, so its all done now, just got to fit in the lights and wire it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys :) will have to go and annoy my local bunnings :)

also no need to rush this build. A 4x2x2 is far too large an enclosure for an 8 month old woma just yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back