species of snakes in yarrawonga victoria?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi all I live in Yarrawonga Victoria and I was wondering what type of snakes live around my area. I know that there are eastern browns, red belly blacks and tigersnakes but is there any other snakes? any pythons? or any other elapids? cheers

thanks but I was hoping that someone could just tell me what snakes are in my area rather than buying a book?

That is pretty much it, you may get Dwyer's near your area.

I have that field guide. Its a worthy addition to my herp library. Good call JP.

Hoppy, unless someone from APS who lives in Yarrawonga is going to give a first hand response for you, everyone else would be getting their information from a field guide like this.

Some snakes that are possible to find in yarrawonga are dwyer's snakes, you also definately get blind snakes like R.nigrescens and R.proximus, also Curl snake distribution might come over yarrawonga, Carpet pythons are rare and there is a possibility of bandy bandys. And as you said you also get browns, red bellies and tigers.

Have a look at the Atlas of Living Australia. It shows records of animals within any given area. It also has an app for your phone.

www.ala.org.au

Its not perfect though as it has some unverified records, but it should serve your purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back