Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[MENTION=39720]Tigerlily[/MENTION] yeah i do, i usully give him one, let it get down his throat wait a min or 2 then try for another. usully he takes the first really quickly, the second he slows a bit but im not standing there for 10 minutes looking like an fool with a rat on tongs haha usually takes 1 - 3 minutes to take it again. usully he begs for another all S'ed up flicking his tongue but i decide he has had enough just because of the size comparrison between him and the rats. before i had levi, tye the spotted was on hoppers, he was taking something like 2 - 3 a week untill i bounced him up to weeners, since then its hit winter and he has eaten twice in like the last 6 months haha my foreman at work has a spotted and he told me he feeds it medium adults but its just as large as mine, be it tye doesnt really buldge after a feed on weeners but he hardly wants to eat after

some of my hatchos

Attachments

• sales albies RSP 038.jpg
    sales albies RSP 038.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 68
  • sales albies RSP 035.jpg
    sales albies RSP 035.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 59
  • sales albies RSP 031.jpg
    sales albies RSP 031.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 59
  • sales albies RSP 026.jpg
    sales albies RSP 026.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 57
  • sales albies RSP 019.jpg
    sales albies RSP 019.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 57
I want a female for mine too :):) at this rate he'd be ready to breed next year, weight wise i reckon lol [MENTION=39720]Tigerlily[/MENTION], my roughie is the only one that's bowel-movemented on my bed too :( lucky i love him lol so gross :( mine has 2 per feed too.

[MENTION=39954]giggles[/MENTION] im bit by the breeding bug that ever reptile enthusiest catches haha. i don't know how much they are in a demand but knowing how slow business is for the antaresia group i dont want to be left with hatchies haha, i just want to cut eggs and see a little bundle of joy poke his head out of that disgustingly gooy mess haha. seems today you need some real stella animals to guarentee sales, maybe jungles are the way to go? they are allways popping out weird and wonderful morphs, even though they arent really my cup of tea.
pinstrip roughie... thats what i would want to aim for haha, love my pinstripes

[MENTION=39850]GlenCoco[/MENTION] pinstripe would be pretty cool xD I don't know much about breeding/cooling/incubating or newborn care lol I think I'd like to have a go at it, probably a long way down the track though ! I have a jungle and would put a jag over her if/when I want to give it a go lol I think it depends where you are for the demand, I had to go 2 hours to get my roughie so maybe up here I'd have a good chance at selling babies lol

I've been breeding for many years now. I cracked RSPs for the 1st time last season with breeding 2 clutches, getting eggs and incubation isnt any different to other Morelia's but the hatchlings defineately are. You need alot more patience with them and tricks that work with other morelias dont really with them. They take alot longer to establish but once eating are little power houses but they start on their terms. And come out of the egg as a head attached to a piece of string :)

Been alot of fun though and i have some cracking super light ones :)

Last edited:
8azezemu.jpg
3yza2a5e.jpg
2uvadehe.jpg
vypyzate.jpg
8yrere9e.jpg
6uta5u6u.jpg
6ehy5u3y.jpg
sehu6eju.jpg
8aqazasy.jpg

Roughly 2.6 years i pretty sure it hatched November 2011. And about 4.5 to 5 foot I haven't actually measured him.

[MENTION=4285]zeke[/MENTION] is he adult size? doesn't seem like they get very thick. I was under the impression they got to 2 metres though. I'm starting to think my furry pets wont be food size :D lol

I wouldnt say hes fully grown just yet they get about the 2 meter mark to my understanding but to stay pretty slender

[MENTION=4285]zeke[/MENTION] [MENTION=39954]giggles[/MENTION]
I thought they stayed pretty slender too, until I saw this one from snake ranch. It was massive. Sorry for the horrible photos, there all I've got of this beast.

[MENTION=29801]RSPcrazy[/MENTION] thats massive the biggest ive seen was on an episode of snakebytes

That Roughie looks like it's being conditioned for breeding, you can see there is a bit of tension in the skin where the scales separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back