Python listed on ebay!?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montysrainbow

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Was looking at reptile enclosures on ebay and found an add for enclosure here in QLD for sale with carpet python! [emoji46]

Why is that a huge deal? He probably just doesn't know (or care) that animals can't be sold on ebay.

I just thought it was an obvious no no...not that big a deal i guess.

At least morally wrong. Did it say where in qld?

Fil...

Why is it morally wrong? What's the difference between that and selling them on here, RDU, Gumtree or Facebook? I think eBay's no live animal policy is closing them out of a pretty wide opportunity personally.

[MENTION=39821]Fil_14[/MENTION] im pretty sure its on gold coast.
It was just weird seeing one on there. I dont know if having them allowed on there selling would be a bad thing but i think it would have to be a set price no bidding.

Last edited:
If it's the ad I just saw, it's being sold at a fixed price not auction. As above post stated, no different to being sold on this site. Only flaw I saw was no mention of the buyer or sellers licence status/ requirements, but that's a different story :)

It's something that can be seen quite regularly.
The seller probably doesn't realise that he/she is not allowed to sell aimals on ebay.

Whenever I see these ads I report them but also message the seller as most of the time its simply an oversight.

I've seen them on gumtree too. I do get worried about seeing these ads, thinking that they're going to someone who wants a snake, just for the hell of it.
I popped down to the RSPCA on the weekend, all of their snakes have come from neglected homes. Really wanted to bring all of em home.

what rspca? and also do they sell reptiles at rspca?

The RSPCA Wacol campus often has reptiles for adoption, as do many other across the state/country. They have all been seized or surrendered. Check the adopt-a-pet website to see what they have.

what rspca? and also do they sell reptiles at rspca?

They do. I was there on the weekend. They had about 8, all adults. Most were carpets and spotted pythons, and a stimmie. If you go there, you'll need your licence and a photo of your enclosure at home. You need to ask at the front counter about them.
I would of adopted the Stimmie if I was ready for a new one. She's 4yrs old n not used to being handled. She was confiscated due to living conditions. Not an ideal snake for a newbie. (Me)
I wish that I could of brought them all home. My wife was happy that I didn't build 8 new enclosures for them lol.
They're all about $150 each, at the Wacol RSPCA.

Fil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back