Breeding / Baby Numbering System

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell

Reaction score
How does everyone else do it?

I have seen a few people post pictures with a numbering system showing a sequence of numbers and i was interested what the numbers mean? Is it a random number with +1 for each baby or does the third number in mean its a boy or a girl? etc.

Just getting ready for the season and want to try something new.

Generally F for female , M for male and whatever the heck you want as a number really.
It's just so they can be separately identified, no meaning to them...

Some breeders add extra letters or numerals at the start to identify the dame and sire.

Some add year also, like 1401F, for year/number from clutch/sex. Since I don't breed many, I use a simple, A1, A2, B1, etc. I'll be moving to year also when I have more clutches per year.

For locality pure clutches I do the first letter followed by a number. So Greenough locale would be G01, G02 etc.
Mixed locality such as Greenough x Wanneroo locale would be GW01, GW02, Gw03 etc..
I only number hatchlings for the purpose of records and feeding charts etc.

The system I use is a species abbreviation, then sires initial, dams initial, season/year, number and sex (once known) ie JCMY13-6F was one of the code from a jungle carpet clutch last season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back