Breeders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beastcreature

Reaction score
On average how many clutches do you produce annually? Do you intentionally pair relatives?

Depends on the year. This year I'm not pairing as many because there's no market for them. Concentrating on 8 clutches this year and yes I do intentionally pair relatives.

only breeding albino Darwin pythons this year, and only because i produced a paradox and am trying for another.

Good luck with that [MENTION=28147]paultheo[/MENTION], if you can get a solid line of paradox albinos thats a pretty big score.
Though I don't think it's been proven yet whether paradox is a dominant/co-dominant trait so its still pretty much potluck as far as most breeders are conerned I think...

Good luck with that @paultheo, if you can get a solid line of paradox albinos thats a pretty big score.
Though I don't think it's been proven yet whether paradox is a dominant/co-dominant trait so its still pretty much potluck as far as most breeders are conerned I think...

While the mode of inheritance is still being worked on and a big secret, they are defiantly reproducible.

can't answer your first question but the 2nd one is yes, to get desirable traits they always bred related animals together.

it hard to say on the first question not every pair will breed for u every yr . eg i have 8 pair breeding now but i may only get 3-5 clutches from the pairing.

possible 2 clutches this year. also you can plan specific amount but it doesn't mean you will get that amount. anything can happen you could end up with all slugs or fertile you may think your got all the girls going but then they through in a curve ball and yeah. and yes I will eventually breed relatives. its ok in reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back