Class 2 Licence

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdsixtyone

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So I've tried contacting the DECCW, they can't give me a straight answer and have asked many people about what to put in the criteria part of the application for a Class 2 licence in NSW. If anyone can help me out it will be appreciated, cheers.

Depends on the species you are applying for. Back when I got mine I required a referral from someone who had a class 2 licence and/or showed I had done a professional reptile handling course. How long have you had your licence for? E.g. If its a class 2 monitor or dragons for example and you've held your licence a minimum of two years, you apply for your class 2 and state that the reason you are wanting the class 2 is because of the species you are after and you are capable of providing the appropriate level of care, handling etc

What part don't you understand exactly? The criteria are outlined quite explicitely on the application form. Assuming you are applying for Advanced Non-Venomous, there are four points that must be addressed:

1. Be over the age of 18
2. Have at least 2 years experience in the care and handling of the relevant species of animals (ie, reptiles, birds or amphibians) in a lower class of licence

3. For reptile applications, the reptile being sought must be from the same taxonomic group or family of reptiles that you have had care and handling experience previously (eg if you want to keep geckoes in the advanced reptile class, you must have kept geckoes from the basic class first)

4. Can demonstrate you have kept accurate fauna records and complied with the conditions of your licence

Just answer those one by one and you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks for your reply but I have read what you have posted above, I was simply asking for more ideas to put into my application from people that have previously done it.

Thanks for your reply but I have read what you have posted above, I was simply asking for more ideas to put into my application from people that have previously done it.

You don't need more ideas, only proof that you have met the outlined criteria.
It's simple, are you over 18? Yes or no?
Have you kept the relevant reptiles for the correct amount of time? Yes or no?
Are the reptiles you're applying for in the same taxonomic group that you have kept? Yes or no?
Do you have records on the fauna you currently keep? Yes or no? Can you provide a copy? Yes or no?

It's all a yes just not 18 yet but they're fine as I will turn 18 by the time it's processed. Just a bit weird how they supply you with 2 pages to write in and I can only come up with three quarters of a page.

It's all a yes just not 18 yet but they're fine as I will turn 18 by the time it's processed. Just a bit weird how they supply you with 2 pages to write in and I can only come up with three quarters of a page.

There's quite a bit more to write if you're applying for venomous which uses the same form so it allows for that. Some people probably also like to waffle so they supply enough for that :p.

Like Fractal Man said though, as long as you answer those four questions with a quite obvious "yes" then they can't reject you since you've addressed all of their set criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back