Moving your reptiles overseas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbow-Serpent

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm expecting to move to the UK next year, and despite my research I'm a little unsure of whether or not it's possible to transport pet reptiles overseas?
I know for more traditional household pets (ie; cats and dogs) this is possible (and we will be moving ours), but is it legal to bring a reptile? Money/quarantine time isn't an issue, I'd just like to know if it's actually able to be done. Has anyone had any experiences with this? :)

Thanks in advance.

-RS

I do believe your chances are somewhere between Buckleys and none...

- - - Updated - - -

No native wildlife(regardless of being privately held or not) may be imported or exported across Australian borders in accordance with the Australian Wildlife Act of 1974.

They're actually perfectly fine for interstate transport(though I wouldn't trust them personally) but yeah, obviously haven't done their research, or perhaps just used a template for their website(hence no way I'd trust them).

If money is no object you buy a zoo or two as export between zoos is sometimes permitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back