Hatchling Perenties

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
l know we have been allowed to keep Lace Monitors since mid 1992, why we can keep them on a private wildlife licence and not Perentie Monitors, is because they are found here in Victoria, so the size has nothing to do with what we can or cannot keep.

Even before wildlife licences we're introduce they were being kept as pets here in Victoria, l remember in 1975 some pet shops use to sell adult Lace Monitors for as little as $30.00 and juveniles for $5.00.

This just goes to show how long Lace Monitors have been around and kept has pets for.

It seems a pretty silly reason considering we can own just about every other Varanus species, most of which aren't native to Vic; and as Beast pointed out, we can own salties too. They certainly aren't native and well above Perenties on the specialized requirements scale...
DEPI are an odd lot, but I'm sure they'll be on our taxa list eventually...

Hi Dave,
Soooo these were the little tykes you were telling me about lol hmmmm I think I might have to start saving my pocket money ;) I want one, they are really beautiful
M :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back