Pythons growth rate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluetongue

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if anyone has a rough idea of a pythons growth rate my 15 month old bredli is only about 90cms to a metre in length I was wondering if its on track with its growth ? Thanks you

I am not too knowledgeable on the subject but from what i have read it is really dependent on how much they are being fed, and their genetics of course. I am sure someone has a better answer then me though haha. He sounds a little on the short side, but see my above sentence =P

It depends upon what they eat which is inturn dependant upon temperature which influences metabolic (digestion) rate.
Very ball park there is a 3 to 1 food to body weight gain which means 3 kilos of food will produce about 1 kilo of live weight gain in the python, provided you are feeding more than what is required to just maintain weight. With Olives I have achieved 4.5 kilos at 18 months old and also 500 grams at 18 months old. I expect that the unltimate adult weights will be about the same in both groups but time will tell.

Entirely dependent on how they are fed.
I have a 6 month old albino thats about 60cm, and a 15 month old prossie holdback thats about 45cm as the breeder kept them small for convenience.

As long as you cant see their spine bumping out and saggy skin or their obese they should be fine. Mine only eat weekly there alot snaller than friends snakes but they also feed twice as much twice as often . If your worried about their size. Maybe get a vet check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back