Small hide

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mosco

Reaction score
I didn't really like the look of the toilet roll as a hide so I made my own little hide. I just cut the bottom of a 1.25L water bottle off, burnt a small entrance in it, used some grout and covered it in that. So easy and cheap as chips. Hope this helps some people.
ujyberyt.jpg
sapupury.jpg
zype4ytu.jpg

Please leave any feedback on how I could improve this :)

Improve? You could start with a sky light and a satellite dish at the minimum :D

Great job, what's to improve? It looks like a rock :) cheap as way of making stuff yourself.

What a neat idea! :) im impressed and yes it looks much nicer than a dunny roll lol.
Well done :)

I was also thinking the top of the hide could be used as a basking spot or even putting another entrance at the top of the hide :)

Yes u could make deeper ones too! :) very creative [MENTION=35700]mosco[/MENTION]

Yeah there's so many things you could do! :) thank you [MENTION=32876]montysrainbow[/MENTION]

Last edited:
Im going to make one.thanks..bit better than my tubing,and it looks like a rock

[MENTION=35700]mosco[/MENTION] Thaught about dry brushing the edges with a light grey to give it that rock look?

Great idea and good looking finish. Burning plastic bottles would give off some nasty fumes but because you have coated it in grout I guess this will suppress any residual toxic chemicals. I wonder if grout has any toxic chemicals in it?

PS: I use non-toxic pond sealer to coat my hides

I think once it is left a few days to cure it is safe, It would be with a few coats of pond sealer. Wonder if you could / try to remove the plastic inside?

[MENTION=34564]Native_EWD[/MENTION] that's a good idea I'll try it with my next one. And also you would have to make the plastic have a gradual angle outward other wise it would be nearly impossible to remove it without cracking the grout. Mine has a sort of bow inwards so I can't take the plastic out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back