Another Top end find

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This little chap was found just outside the office this morning and considering the size, I didn't need to break out the hook and bag. It is roughly 20cm long and very alert as to whats going on around it. Im unable to get to any of my guides to confirm what it is until late so, apologies for the crappy phone pics, but would anyone like to hazard a guess at what he may be? Im able to provide more pics if necessary.

2.jpg1.jpg3.jpg

Cheers
Stu

Last edited:
Possibly Chris...

A quick search online says Papuan Whip Snake (Greater Black Whip??) but I'll get some better photos at home.

Stu

Would you be able to get clearer pictures of the side of the head at all? From these pictures I am fairly certain I can make out a loreal scale but its just not clear enough to be certain. Also the head shape to me does not look like either of the black whips. Everything from how this snake looks with head, body shape, scalation and colouring says a young keelback (Tropidonophis mairii) to me. However I would like to have a good head shot to be certain with it.
Cheers Cameron

Cheers Cameron, I'll get some better photos tonight with a decent camera and get them up here.

Never having seen a juvie Kellback before, Im hoping it could be.

EDIT: Google supports your thoughts Cameron however I'll get some clearer photos for you anyway, expert opinions are better than Google IMO

Last edited:
Thanks all.

I have some decent photos but if its confirmed by those above, I have no need to check further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back