Green tree python naturalistic enclosure build

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Posted a thread a while ago with a frilly enclosure build, now for the green tree!

This one is 900x800, made from scratch by me.
Heating is provided using a heat panel with thermostat on the roof, and a heat cord under the substrate to ensure the lower portion of the enclosure doesn't drop too low during winter.

I have just recently installed the mistking. These are a FANTASTIC misting system, well worth the money and saves me so much time. The mist is extremely fine, and increases humidity far more effectively then just plain old spraying.

let me know what you think, cheers.

10486072_1497424113822716_4790548733760729702_n.jpg10452439_1497752657123195_3616991219307784983_n.jpg10417632_1497752623789865_154117951092007425_n.jpg10463957_1497752680456526_4428122166668572210_n.jpg

It looks great! You've put a lot of hard work in and its paid off.

Awesome!!! Looks brilliant. You will need some uv to keep the plants healthy though! GTP'S can sometimes be hardier than the plants. :)

Awesome!!! Looks brilliant. You will need some uv to keep the plants healthy though! GTP'S can sometimes be hardier than the plants. :)

looks great, lots of vines to climb on, i've heard it's always good to try to encourage GTPs to move around and keep their muscles strong as often in captivity they are known to suffer from complications from being overly sedantry

Plants dont need uvb...... They need enough light within the right spectrums for growth, this can come from many types of lighting solutions. Just FYI as you clearly havent looked into growing plants indoors under artifical light.

Rick

Very nice mate, you can be proud of yourself. I'll be one happy GTP living in there.

That's an excellent looking enclosure. 8)
It looks perfect for a GTP, depending on the size and age of the specimen.
How big/old is your animal?

What are the round green things on the floor of the enclosure?

Awesome looking enclosure !! esp like the moss.

Do the perch(es) remove easily ? For ease of GTP handling :p

Thanks everyone for the praise :)

That's an excellent looking enclosure. 8)
It looks perfect for a GTP, depending on the size and age of the specimen.
How big/old is your animal?

What are the round green things on the floor of the enclosure?

Thanks, he is getting close to 2yo.

Awesome looking enclosure !! esp like the moss.

Do the perch(es) remove easily ? For ease of GTP handling :p

thankyou, the mossy rocks are on the livefoods website.
The perches are just held in with screws and the vines are just sitting in there, i dont like to play with them too much anyway.
But when i do, its easy enough just to gently coax him off them.

Looks fantastic but I can just see him now taking massive quirty dirty dumps over all your hard work and all the hard to reach places Have fun cleaning :p but seriously awesome job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back