heating for bredli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alexbee

hey guys

Ive just moved my bredli into a bigger tank.. its 1200x40x60 ish.. i got a heat mat thats 45x25.. that warms the floor well.. but the tank is still struggling to get over 23deg.. he just sat in the warm area then i noticed the glass was all fogging up.. ive taken him out until i have some time to drill more holes for ventilation.. should i also install a heat lamp to raise the air temperature?

thanks

Get yourself a. Ceramic heating element (CHE) that will outlast a globe by years for anywhere between $25-$60 depending on where you shop.
This will give you the heat minus the unwanted light.

Way too cold. You need to increase that temp to avoid RI - especially at this time of year.

As soon as I saw the temps weren't right I put him back into his old enclosure. I would never be cruel to any animal

- - - Updated - - -

Also my brother is a sparky so it's all good

As soon as I saw the temps weren't right I put him back into his old enclosure. I would never be cruel to any animal

- - - Updated - - -

Also my brother is a sparky so it's all good

that's the way mate *thumbs up*

Bredli like it "hot" very "hot" l have floor to ceiling enclosures with a heat panel in the top which run at 36-38 degrees and over the years l have noticed them all basking at temps up around 37+ degrees for "many" hours on end and last year my biggest female basked up there for days and then laid 43 eggs, but at other times they will be on the floor, they are a reptile that enjoys the extremes IMO. solar17 ~B~

I now have a ceramic 150w globe with a cage on
there.. My tank is roughly 125x45x37 I have the thermostat probe on the centre of
the tank near the floor... The temp started at 16
and now 4 hours later is at 26
and slowly rising... Does it sound like I have sufficient heating?

Put the thermostat probe directly under the globe where the snake will be laying, you want to aim for at least 35 degree basking spot.

stupid question maybe but I had a heat cord which I recently accidentally broke while moving, I'm thinking of getting a heat mat to replace it - do I also cover these with substrate?

You will be making donations to the power company.
I removed the heat mat, installed a 200w CHE and I have dialled in 32c. I have the probe under the CHE's and I am getting 32c exactly during the day and 24c at night. EcoTech day/night dimming thermostat doing the job perfectly

Last edited:
i just have an on/off style thermostat, ive got it cutting out at 32 and back in at 28.. running a heat mat and the 150w ceramic... did you find this was costly with power?

I can't afford my electricity :) I don't really know what it costs to run the heating and lighting for the python or the dragon.

I bought a frog tank the other day complete with stand, background waterfall, pump and heater for $170. Now for a water filter, UV light and find a way to utilise my left over CHE, purchase a bag of rocks and get some foliage for the floor and it should be ready for some new resident green tree frogs :D

Talk about addiction :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back