Meet Bo, Banded Pygmy Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paige

Reaction score
In April my precious, first, scale baby arrived. At barely 5 months old she looked like an over grown worm (a beautiful one), she struck at me so many times as i transferred her from her bag to her click clack (not that you really feel a pygmy bite at 5 months). I did as i had been advised (repeatedly by many, many people) and let her settle for 2 weeks before handling and fed her as soon as time advised had come. She fed and still feeds with great enthusiasm!
Now nearly 3 months in in ownership, i have so much love for this little curious creature. Though she can't handle anything bigger than a pinkie mouse yet (we tried a fuzzy last week but there was no way it was happening) and is sitting at 32cm, she is defiently my pride and joy. And a beginning of a rising addiction im afraid!
1662554_10152046647713671_3190026388988613695_n.jpg
I havent seen much on the Banded Pygmy so I though i might add mine to the site

Shes so small! Hopefully she tames down nicely for you, though her bites wont really hurt any way. Awesome little snake.

Oh wow she is teeny.

I have a hatchling banded pygmy too. It bit my daughter a heap of times when transfered out of the bag when we first got him. Didn't feel a thing but certainly cranky!!!

Ours has settled down heaps though. We an open the enclosure door and wait a few minutes. If he wants to come out he slithers on over. Most the time he doesn't but occaisionally we get a hello.

Ours is on a fair sized mouse. I can't remember what size exactly but WAY bigger than a pinkie. Have you tried leaving it in the container and allowing time?

Yeah she is so very small, she has stopped biting now and has only bitten out of fear in the last 2 months.
I left a fuzzy with her, she constricted it and held it for a fair while while trying to size it up looking from head to tail but she ended up letting it go and going back into her hide after 5 minutes. I left it there for a bit longer but she wasn't interested so i fed her 3 pinkies and she smashed them down very quickly. I managed to find some slightly older pinkies (if thats what you'd still call them) and she had no trouble with them. Its like she is in between sizes

I know this is an old thread but would you happen to know where I can get a Banded Pygmy Python. Ive been searching everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back