Wild Diamond Python Photos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakesDownUnder

Reaction score
Found this beautiful Diamond Python this image.jpgwinter in the Northern Beaches, thought I'd share some photos.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yes there does appear to be alot of food items present, I have seen other big black Diamonds in the area, quite big actually

Lucky you. I live in Narrabeen I'm permanently looking for diamonds and never see them. Everything else but never a diamond I think I am cursed. If you don't mind me asking where abouts did you see this one? You can pm me if you want.

Awesome. I unfortunately have never had the luck to see one in the wild but I was lucky enough to breed them here in the UK this year. That be said I would still swap my whole lot to catch a glimpse of one in the bush next time I am down under.

Lucky you. I live in Narrabeen I'm permanently looking for diamonds and never see them. Everything else but never a diamond I think I am cursed. If you don't mind me asking where abouts did you see this one? You can pm me if you want.

Look i'd prefer not to tell anyone the location but what I can say is that if your in Narrabeen your very close by. What I can tell you is that when your looking for Diamonds you want to look for any decent sized rocky outcrops that are facing in a Northerly direction, infact winter can sometimes be a good time to find them. Before I continue I just want to let you know that if you go off by yourself you need to know exactly what your doing, the outcrops I visit have 75-50 meter drops and are very very dangerous just promise me you will be extra careful. What I do is go on google maps on arial view and look all over the Northern Beaches area for rocky outcrops in the bush and go out and find them but you do need to be careful because you don't want to tresspass on peoples land no matter what. I visit the outcrops mostly in winter because you'll find Diamonds catching the sun on cold days but you have to keep your eyes peeled, the snakes are often still and blend in very well in the trees's or leaves and rocks on the ground when the light isn't direct, when you heavily persist enough you can find baby Diamond Pythons under very thin exfoliating rocks which I've only seen once and that was the only time and it took me ages with mate to find that ( three or four hours actually ). Theres's one more thing you have to becareful of and thats Broad Headed snakes, they are venemous and look very similar to baby Diamonds and live in exactly the same type of habitat so don't touch anything thats my rule, you shouldn't really go out to pick them up or anything like that, only go to observe them and maybe get a couple of nice photos.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome. I unfortunately have never had the luck to see one in the wild but I was lucky enough to breed them here in the UK this year. That be said I would still swap my whole lot to catch a glimpse of one in the bush next time I am down under.

Ill be honest all the Diamonds I've seen are always different, the photos of the Diamond above are of a very nicely couloured snake. The ones I usually see are often much bigger and much more darker in colour and much older actually I've seen huge Diamonds on the northern beaches just massive it sometimes shocks me how heavily body the big three meter snakes are.

- - - Updated - - -

Stunning pure specimen mate!

just a great specimen one of the best wild ones i've seen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back