Waking from Brumation?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregcranston

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm after peoples thoughts. One of my male bearded dragons who is in brumation has been up 3-4 times over the last couple of weeks. I am wondering, should I keep popping him back in his sleeping cave or should I just let him be up and start feeding him? I'm torn.

That's what brumation is. They don't hibernate for the winter. They sleep as well as move around and bask.

You will know when he is fully ready to come out, all of mine have been up and down like yo yo's the last few weeks. I have 2 females and 2 males fully awake, basking and eating well again but I also have one male and 2 females hold up in their caves with no signs of stirring anytime soon.

My female has come back up already as well, been down since early april. Eating an basking again as per normal so dont expect her to sleep again till next year.

Rick

You will know when he is fully ready to come out, all of mine have been up and down like yo yo's the last few weeks. I have 2 females and 2 males fully awake, basking and eating well again but I also have one male and 2 females hold up in their caves with no signs of stirring anytime soon.
How did you know when to start feeding them again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back