Female Ackie humping new male

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benno

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have had my Female Ridge Tailed Monitor for about 5 months. In that time she has laid infertile eggs so I think its safe to say shes a female.

Today I bought her a male friend. Within minutes of being with each others shes all over him mounting him and humping him.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before in any lizards?

bahahahahahahahahaa.. she sounds like fun :/ (sarcasm)

Love is in the air :p lol ive not experienced humping lizards before but it sounds natural 2 me :) lol

Not sure about the humping.

But, Just wanted to point out that you didn't quarantine your reps. I would be keeping an eye on them for any signs of illness.

Yeah of course don't have a big setup so easy to keep track of everything. Didn't really have anything else to put him in but I think they will be fine :)

Yeah of course don't have a big setup so easy to keep track of everything. Didn't really have anything else to put him in but I think they will be fine :)

I think you need to rethink this entirely.
What will you do if they don't get along?

ive seem it in 2 female beardies before, i believe its a dominance thing,...

not a good idea keeping ackies together that mightnt get along, my friend tried that and her girls stomach got ripped open, $1000 in vet bills and 6 months later the girl died. a seperate cage is ALOT cheaper than that,....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back