Wee condensation o.O

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beans

I went out, came home checked on freya she was fine. Then I had a few games of dota (anyone who playes know a game can go for half an hour to an hour) Go check again and her tank was all foggy, it wasnt her water but she peed and it was evaporating. She would have only been like that for an hour or so... Rushed over, took her out, cleaned her tank out with germ killer then some vinegar. Let it air out.

She wont get sick from that will she? I'm keeping a close eye on her. Perhaps I'm just being worried

When posting I would try and say what type of reptiles you are talking about as I have no idea what freya is, ill assume a snake.

She will be fine, I would add a few more ventalation holes for incase it happens again. Also depending on what type of enclosure you have her in wiping it out with warm water would be fine and then drying, vinegar may have been overkill

Shes a darwin python. And shes in a 100 liter plastic tub. As long as she will be alright then I'll be alright lol.

Same thing happens with my albino darwin in his click clack. I just pick him up n change the paper towel and i wipe it out with water :) Freya will be fine :)

It just happens because to the extra moisture in the tub, the room temp also being a tad cooler than inside the tub, so the condensation will occur.
Just like any other mess they make, just clean it up and put fresh substrate (or newspaper) down and you're good to go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back