Biggest wild carpet python I have encountered!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are just so negative! (Is that what they call keyboard warriors?)
I pick up most reptiles I find. Interacting with them is half the fun of field herping. I generally get an in situ photo then a few posed ones where I move the animal. Big deal!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's great to see a big healthy wild coastal, thanks for sharing!

Heres one i caught a few years back.... Not 100% on the length but a beast none the less.

Attachments

• 4890_110866008898_1344482_n.jpg
    4890_110866008898_1344482_n.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 318
Its a whopper unless luke is 3 ft tall then it might be 7 ft :)

Just a quick word to let you know that a posse of us went round and chopped Rockett's hand off. He wont be picking up any more wild snakes.
Anymore crimes against wildlife let me know and we will implement summary justice. You think sharia is bad, wait till you see what an APS mob can do..

Good work... A bit of stress is better than death. Behind the head = no bites, would wanna cop one from that python.

Just a quick word to let you know that a posse of us went round and chopped Rockett's hand off. He wont be picking up any more wild snakes.
Anymore crimes against wildlife let me know and we will implement summary justice. You think sharia is bad, wait till you see what an APS mob can do..
Yeah thanks for that won't be easy to catch a snake anymore! Cheers everyone for the replies she was a beautiful big snake and glad she gets to live on. Funny thing is I always carry a hook in the car I just forgot about it due to the excitement of seeing such a beautiful big snake.

Grabbing a wild snake, or any other ,for that matter, behind the head is gona do them no harm whatsoever...lol

beautiful find! well done! I personally would much rather someone pick up a wild snake behind the head than it get hit by a car and squished on the road!

Nice work, too bad there was so many negative comments....

Personally I would have crapped myself seeing such a large snake. It makes my 6' Diamond / coastal cross look like a baby :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work Rockett I would of done exactly the same to help it out of harms way.

We used to have a number of big snakes like that on our farm at Federal in the Byron hinterland. Lots of macadamias =Lots of rats= big big snakes

hey borntobenude are you a local around Kaputar or where you just there for a visit. I would love to so one up their on my regular trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back