Recreational reptile list for QLD

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jedi_339

Reaction score
I have been looking for the QLD species list today to find out if Varanus caudolineatus are allowed under a standard recreational license, I am almost certain they are, however after the numerous departmental name changes that have occured in recent years I can't find the list for QLD anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

J

Yes they are. Any reptile is allowed as long as you don't exceed two restricted specimens or any elapid that is potentially lethal.
Cheers Cameron

Yes they are. Any reptile is allowed as long as you don't exceed two restricted specimens or any elapid that is potentially lethal.
Cheers Cameron

Cheers Cameron,

That is what I remembered it as, however I couldn't even find where it was written today.

J

In queensland it's more lists of what you can't have rather than what you can.

Cheers Cameron

Has the restricted list changed ?
Last i heard it was Green Tree Pythons and Woma's and roughscaled

Anything that is threatened, rare or of least concern or an elapid is what is restricted

Not all elapids are restricted. Unless they have changed something recently.

Anything that can classed as dangerous- that includes Demansia, Suta and Parasuta can be classed as restricted. As there is no reference as to which is and isn't dangerous I erred on the side of caution

Nature conservation (wildlife Management) regulation 2006
p.288 and is current since 29/11/13
restricted animals are
a) a threatened or near threatened reptile other than the following
- family of the cheloniidae
- family of the dermonchelydiae
- an esturarine crocodile
b) family of hydrophiidae
c) family of laticaudidae
d) elapidae

Status
Not open for further replies.