feeding live foods

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure of it being legal or not but its not something i would personally do. I know of people that do....they have suggested i do but i prefer frozen not fresh. I dont want to risk my babies copping a nasty bite from a rat and if they did i wouldnt blame the rat poor buggers trying to stay alive!

That's not 'proof' of anything, Lawra..you even highlighted the loophole. It would be easy to argue livefeeding is not 'essential' for the animals survival.
'Ugh'.

Reason for your edit is "spelleng" lmao.

It may be 'easy to argue' that point, however it is just as 'easy to argue' for the other side of things also.

there is no snake that wont take dead food. a good keeper can entice a snake with a a dead rodent through practice. good husbandry and good feeding skills. make it look interesting. make the dead animal run around

Hate all this have to! crap about live feeding, the only reason people live feed, is to get a kick from it! "MOST" reptile keepers, keep them for their beauty. "MOST" reptile keepers, are animal lovers, and do not want! to see a food item put through that situation, let alone risk their animal to damage.

legallty.JPGlegallty 2.JPG i dont know if this will help but i looked up the ehp (qld) and this is what has come up.

Every time this topic comes up it gets the same response.
Op.......I do not believe it to be illegal in any state to feed live prey.
BUT..........it is totally unethical and may lead to prosecution unless you can prove beyond reason that the action was necessary.
The idea of feeding live prey has been met with the hostility it deserves.

Mediators can we please close this thread

there is no snake that wont take dead food. a good keeper can entice a snake with a a dead rodent through practice. good husbandry and good feeding skills. make it look interesting. make the dead animal run around

not true...... there is always an exception to the rule , and if you havnt come across it yet , then lookout !
but if you are smart .... keep it to yourself and nobody will ever know . ok ? morally ok or not .... legally ok or not ...... if only you know about it ....it is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back