What were your pythons like as hatchies?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montysrainbow

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My newest addition (7mths old) is so calm! :) i expected to be at least tagged but he doesnt even strike! Lol i just reach in each day for a quick hold (i dont annoy him too much) and he doesnt flinch infact he happily climbs onto me :) i was actually thinking he might be a bit mentally challenged lol im joking but seriously he is a joy.

My girl willow was the same very calm as a bub...still calm now. Im not complaining but a little surprised.

Coastals- Gremlin and Whisper were calm and chilled out from the start, Jungles-Pandora and Zuri were defensive to the point of me only getting them out to clean their enclosures. They were slightly better at around 14 months old, now at 2 Zuri is a dream and Pandora is able to be handled without tagging. Taakaah is my Bredli she was calm and chilled until 18 months when I moved her to a bigger enclosure, now she is a little skittish until out. Odessa is a Coastal and is quite snappy even at 12 months of age.... my little assist fed spotteds are cute, 2 are so calm one is a little spitfire for the first few minutes then calms right down

my new bredli is about 6 months it is crazy it does like come out of his enclosure even walking pass she gets ready to bite sometimes she hits the glass thinking she can get me.
I have a snake hook that I have just started getting her out to see if she will calm down a bit
I have had 4 bredli's in the pass and they where calm as

My Darwin bit me about 7-8 times at the shop. She was 8 months old and still very new to people. She bit me a few more times at home but after I had her for about 2-3 months she calmed right down. Since moving up to Brisbane she has become even more aloof and carefree. She has the nature of gentle old lady. I love her to bits!

Got a 14 month old Proserpine coastal that has been a dream from day one, sometimes I think she's completely out when I pick her up she's that docile haha.
Also have a 6 month old albino that is skittish at best, very defensive and quick to strike when I first got her. Lately she's calmed to no striking or biting but I think it's more that I've adjusted the way I handle her to really minimise stress and alarm.

My jungle Hanzo is about 6mths his calm as. Only ever tagging me twice, once when my gf refused to hold him any longer and second when I was skittish trying to get him out. I noticed that by being confident and sure of myself he would not bite.

I've only had mine since Tuesday but he's great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back