How important is a day stable day night cycle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bladesmd

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey how important is it that my hatchy Murray darling gets a 14 and 10 day night cycle and Wats the best way to achieve it?

What is the best light to use for the job thoe

Coz I heard bulbs exeeding 5.0 uvb could be detrimental to my snake

Last edited by a moderator:
Any light... cheap bulb from bunnings will do, it's just light to mimic the day. Just make sure the snake cant come into contact with it.

If you want to provide UV to your snake and have the coin for it... go ahead. I'd say 90% (at a guesstimate) of snake keepers don't bother with a UV bulb for snakes.

OK cool so just a normal fluorescent bulb in like a rest top lamp would do the trick ?

Desk top not rest sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
My snakes all get low amounts of light through the day from a window. All my cage lighting is on a remote switch that I only turn on when I'm around. I believe a day/night cycle is extremely important but having bright cages is not necessary. Since switching from cage lighting to dim ambient lighting only I have noticed my snakes are out later in the morning, are active earlier in the evening and spend less time overall in their hides.

So sure saying just leave the window open in the room he's in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back