how mutch should i feed my python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK mate sorry if I over reacted just sick of people giving greef on here its amazing how cute a snake can actually b hey

Yeah couldn't agree more, the forums can get exhausting when people are constantly flaming each other and arguing. Hatchlings have got to be some of the cutest things on earth, especially little Womas, i have a soft spot for them and their orange clown faces.

Hi Blades

How come he's still looking for food tho

Because it's still hungry.

Pinkies are never large enough food items for carpets. Hatchlings start on velvets or hoppers. Give it a larger mouse.

There's your answer.

A number of smaller food items will digest quicker than 1 food item totalling the same weight because there is more surface area per unit food weight for the digestive juices of the snake to act upon.
I would try to feed a single larger item rather than 3 pinkies as the larger item will be more mature with more fur and bone. Pinkies are mainly water and so not overly nutritious.

There's the reason.

George.

So should I feed a velvet next or a pinkie rat

Read the above post again. The attached quotes point out exactly what you need to know.

Can you understand what has been suggested or are you just looking for attention?

George.

We have 8 snakes we take to schools and villages as educational tools
Our burms retics etc get fed massive feeds at a minimum of 21 days apart
That maximises 'show time' minimises down time and has zero effect on growth or attitude

Thanks to all the people who were nice enuff to help and not judge I fed him a pinkie rat for his last feed and he was mutch more content and happy thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back