Imports into WA?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can import reptiles as long as they are on the DPaW approved keepers list and are NOT a python.

So the restrictions are only on pythons, not elapids, colubrids or frogs lizards etc?

I believe that is correct, however I'm seeking clarification on it as I have not been able to find any reference to it on the new DPaW web site.

Pity, would almost be keen on moving there if I didn't have to give up my pythons

Yep that's correct. You can import brown tree snakes, elapids and lizards off the keeping list.
Just NO pythons.

- - - Updated - - -

People regularly bring in frillies, adders, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

We're sunshine virus and IBD free at present, for the last decade at least. Which is a good thing in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't move here... It's the worst ;)

Only crap thing about WA is the licencing, last time I looked at what you could keep it made my decision to stick to east coast universities easy lol

They govt there doesn't like hunters and shooters much either.
The upside is WA is where all the trade work is at the moment in the mines. The labour market for tradies in Brisbane is pretty slow at the moment and QLD mines are not easy to get into either.

They govt there doesn't like hunters and shooters much either.
The upside is WA is where all the trade work is at the moment in the mines. The labour market for tradies in Brisbane is pretty slow at the moment and QLD mines are not easy to get into either.
It's slowing down here too. Shut downs are the bulk of it now.

Has the shutdown work slowed down as well? I haven't had a shut in 5 weeks was told it was because of end of financial year.

There's plenty of shut work at the moment. Just gotta look around.
If it's not over $80 an hour I'm not interested....
I'm a sparky by trade. But mostly doing electrical design drafting now. All brown fields work as apposed to the last 10 years where it was boom time and all new projects. Keep seeing rates slashed. Was good while it lasted though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fixed plant fitter like myself are only getting 42 an hour. Mind you working in brisbane city I'm only getting 32 an hour arvo shift.

I've only done the one shut so far in WA and going off for my second next week.

Fixed plant fitter like myself are only getting 42 an hour. Mind you working in brisbane city I'm only getting 32 an hour arvo shift.

I've only done the one shut so far in WA and going off for my second next week.
Not a bad rate still.
I need a higher rate as I'm a contractor. So have to cover public holidays, annual leave, super etc.
Im also fairly old and supporting a family with one income. It probably works out similar to someone on the same rate as you.

Yeah, I've been full time on the mines for over 20 years. I won't get out of bed for anything less than 155K. A lot of new fitters are starting on between 120 to 130K. I guess they will pay for experience. I was a fitter, now a planner. No night shift. Excellent. I think contractors we get are on 45-50 bucks an hour and lazy leckies a bit more.

Yeah, I've been full time on the mines for over 20 years. I won't get out of bed for anything less than 155K. A lot of new fitters are starting on between 120 to 130K. I guess they will pay for experience. I was a fitter, now a planner. No night shift. Excellent. I think contractors we get are on 45-50 bucks an hour and lazy leckies a bit more.
Yep it's good coin :)
Im done with working on actual mines hopefully. Been working in Perth last 8 years for mining companies. I like to see my family and snakes each night now. :)
I'd consider a mining town where I could take the whole family though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back