Getting bredli used of heat mat ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bladesmurray

Not so new Member
Reaction score
The breeder I got my bredli from only used a infra read heat lamp for heat but I use heat mats it seems that my bredlis having a hard time finding the warmth because he is expecting it to b above him not below him any ideas on how to show him were the warmth is and get him to use a heat mat

If it's warm enough (that is, he can feel it through the floor), then he'll find it once he wants to warm back up. Don't need to stress, they'll figure it out fast.

Heat is heat, it wouldn't matter which direction it came from. He will work out where it is and curl up on top of it.
Bob smashed a jumbo rat on Sunday and spent the night in his hide which is the hot spot (CHE from above). He has spent the best part of the last day and a half in the middle of his viv of which I have a 10-12c variation.

Yer the temps are ok I got a MD in the same set up and he does fine I just didn't know if instincts would kick in or if I would have to show him the warm spot was some how and as for hides its like he's scared of them I brought an article rock hide made one out of toilet roll etc and he won't use any of them just sits on top of them were as my MD event straight into his when I got him home

There's a few words there that auto correct made incorrect funnily enuff bit I've noticed of I try correct myself the comments just get taken down due to not making since so I hope u can make since out of my last comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back