keeping a log book..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pambo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi all just on here bored tonight and was wondering who keeps a log book of when you feed or when they shed and anything else that is impotent???

I nearly kept every shed of my python But not record of feeds.

I used to keep records of all my geckos (e.g. feeding, pooing, shedding) for the first few months of keeping them but now not as much now, I probably should start again.

There is an app called "Snake Keeper" which I use to record all feeds and sloughs. You can also record length, weight, and defecation. It tells you how long between events and average time between them too.

awesome I just downloaded the app thanks for that hehe :)

I do incase my girl gets sick and has to go to the vet. I feel it's good to have that info on hand.

hi all just on here bored tonight and was wondering who keeps a log book of when you feed or when they shed and anything else that is impotent???

If there was anything "impotent" I sure as hell would be keeping a log of it... most likely get it checked out ASAP.

If you keep a couple of animals maybe not, we have over 100 here so its defiantly easier to keep logs of feeding, temps, when we cycle animals, weight and other important information.

If you keep a couple of animals maybe not, we have over 100 here so its defiantly easier to keep logs of feeding, temps, when we cycle animals, weight and other important information.

Yeh I bet that could get out of hand otherwise.

Isn't it a licensing requirement? QR2iD is another great record keeping system.

Below is the best way of comparing QR2id to other systems out there.

ComparisonList_zpsb2179479.jpg

The biggest difference between SnakeKeeper/Reptile Scan and QR2id is that with QR2id it is not an app on your phone. It links you to a website and so there are no issues with the software (app) not working on different devices because all you are using is the phone's internet browser software (also you will need to download a free QR scanner app like QRafter for iPhone or QR Droid for Android).

You can purchase QR2id from our website where you get 15% off QR2id Products - www.virides.com.au/qr2id

I use snake keeper and also my PC using Excel, I believe for my 3 pythons this is all i need. All i record is feeds, sheds and occasional weight.
Here is a screenshot of my Excel program.

View attachment 311880

white board marker on the glass. I don't keep long term records...

Im old school, its all pen and paper.

I found apps and computer programs take too long.

we only have 4 snakes and I have been keeping records since we got our first hatchling last year. Just decided that if I can keep for 1 I can keep for all 4 of them. I'm just using a blank book and write things down like feeds and sheds and weight so I know if they have lost any weight over winter as the oldest spotted stops eating for a few months

I just use Notepad.

Breeder/Shop I got my Herps from + Phone Numbers
Date of Feeds Taken + Date of Feeds Refused
Shed Dates + I occasionally weigh them just to make sure they're at least keeping good condition.

You can download a basic database program that you can build your own input fields, albeit very basic, if that's what you want.
Bento for Crapple is a pretty decent DB program for iOS.
ZoHo is another online database builder.

I use Evernote to record feeds as I'm too lazy to look for a different program :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back