HELP! My 10yo Dainty Tree Frog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dkir7979

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Had this little guy for 8 years, shes about 10 years old. Recently she has been staying the water alot, and not eating (ive tried hand feeding). Please help! today she was covered in this (what i think is either poo or blood) I will be taking her to a vet dont you worry, i just want to know what is causing this, and if it is an easy fix!? Please note: she did have a vine that did have some metal poking from it although it appears there is not wound in the skin, but rather tiny small scratches on her back. Her backside has been looking quite large? ...... thanks alot guys

- - - Updated - - -

if you look at the leaf near her bum it is black.... it has soaked up the whatever is coming from her

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 113
As well as the symptoms that you mention there appears to be a white fungus in the groin and the skin generally does not look healthy.
I don't know exactly what's wrong with it but that frog needs to see a herp vet ASAP or else it may die IMO. You have to have clean and warm conditions in the meantime and separate it from any others. What has its water quality been like?
Good husbandry, especially clean water is very important (read critical) in keeping many species of frog.

Last edited:
There's a Frog and Tadpole Study Group - FATS on Facebook that might be able to help you out,

George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back