Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo101

Reaction score
We all have hides in our reptiles enclosures and I thought I'd create a thread where the different types if hides that we create for our reptiles can be shared. Ranging from the pre bought ones, to home made hides.

esupyze7.jpg

This enclosure I'm currently building was an old desk and I have kept the cd shelving and covered it over with thick bark to create three different level hides and the skull I found has been cut away underneath to be a hide as well.

I use wicker baskets and cut out parts of it to use as a hide for my large bredli as well.

hepuha3e.jpg

This is/was a quick hide I made for Louis after realising he was a bit small for the one I had was a bit big. He had it until Kingston decided she liked the look of it :S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I like the bark idea. My first impression was, What a awesome log hide aha
The best hide I've made according to my diamond is behind the damn diy background...

I like the bark idea. My first impression was, What a awesome log hide aha
The best hide I've made according to my diamond is behind the damn diy background...

Always the way haha.

I actually bought a really good hide from the pet shop (more like an obstacle) the other day which i plan to replicate. It's basically a small log/branch which has been hollowed out in places with a hole saw. It was intended for rodents but looks perfect for my little stimmie. I wonder whether a similar technique could be adapted for a bigger insulated hide for snakes? i'll post pics of it later just in case anyone finds it interesting...

Always the way haha.

I actually bought a really good hide from the pet shop (more like an obstacle) the other day which i plan to replicate. It's basically a small log/branch which has been hollowed out in places with a hole saw. It was intended for rodents but looks perfect for my little stimmie. I wonder whether a similar technique could be adapted for a bigger insulated hide for snakes? i'll post pics of it later just in case anyone finds it interesting...

It should be able to be adapted for larger snakes, it would work quite well :)

epese3at.jpg

This is a hide I made out if a wooden box I bought from Kmart, giz approves of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bredli came with a lttle fake rock hide whei I bought him, I set up a desert theme enclosure and just painted the hide with pva glue and covered it with red sand to match the enclosure, came up great!

venyzase.jpg
this is a pot for plants I obviously just put it in upside down. She doesn't use it though would rather hide behind it.

e5ume5us.jpg
. That's my MDS hides a skull and a rock hide he loves the skull

Got it from a reptile store in the hills it's what they use in there enclosurea

I have afew different hides for my pythons but this is what my males get and they seem to always use it. Having said that its always hung up high near the light so gets to a nice temp for them which is probably the main factor they use it over their lower hide in the cool end.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408316800.036326.jpg

I have afew different hides for my pythons but this is what my males get and they seem to always use it. Having said that its always hung up high near the light so gets to a nice temp for them which is probably the main factor they use it over their lower hide in the cool end.

View attachment 311970

Wow that's an awesome idea! I might have to steal that one XD

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back