Sand monitor growth

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lambbosbread

Hey everyone, I was just wondering what the growth rate of a sand monitor is and the size they get. I know they get around 140cm but how stocky do they get the google pics are ****. Thanks

They become quite large monitors and need very big enclosures, I would recommend starting off with a smaller monitor if this will be your first.

As for growth rates its hard to give you an exact figure, males will get a lot bigger then girls as well.

Ben

It all depends on quantity of food and how hot there kept.

The size of a Sand Monitor depends on how much they are feed and where the come from naturally in the wild, the Varanus Gouldii Flavirufus don't get has big has the Varanus Gouldii Gouldii.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Yer she is a gouldii gouldii. Well I'm 90% sure anyway. I'm basing this off the colouring of her. She is around 10 months old and size wise she is about the size of a large bearded dragon but significantly longer. I just wanna make sure I'm feeding her the right amounts.

Spiny tailed monitors - v.acanthurus are a very good first monitor.

Ridge-Tailed and Pygmy-Mulga and Storrs Monitors are the 3 best beginner Monitors to start of with IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back