White spot on the eye of my Woma

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralDisarray

Reaction score
I had my Woma out today for a bit of a handle session and noticed that she has a white spot on one of her eyes. At first I thought it might have been a scale she had knocked loose in one of her bombing runs from the top of the tank but on closer inspection I noticed that it is an actual discolouration on her eye. She can still see out of it okay, but as it is something I haven't seen before and I am worried that she may have injured herself or have some deeper problem going on.20140725_145550-crop.jpg20140725_145551(0).jpg20140725_145550.jpg

I don't really understand what you mean and the pics don't really help much which is probably why there hasn't been many replies. Two things come to mind if I am understanding you correctly - retained eye cap and as you said possibly a dislodged/knocked loose scale.

It's a bit hard to tell from the pic, but possibly a corneal scar/ulcer.

I have had this on 2 Woma hatchlings before, but it was pus caught under the loreal scale and it would actually move about when massaged gently with a wet cotton bud. Due to the picture quality I cannot say for certain if its the same condition as it could be a number of other things.
My advice would be nip it in the bud and take it to a reptile vet ASAP.

Is the mark on the cornea or the spectacle ? Some healed resolved corneal or spectacle ulcers will leave a scar superficially. If its on the spectacle it should disappear after a couple of sheds. Check it out under a magnifying glass to see if there is any sign of inflammation. If it was a major problem then the entire spectacle or cornea can become opaque. Infection below the spectacle , in the spectacle/cornea space is unlikely. If it is a scar then it is of no concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back