Double check.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beans

Just double checking, I should wait about 5-7 days before attempting to feed my new little guy yeah? He's a Stimson's python. ( Wheatbelt )

I offered him a fuzzy mouse last night but as expected he could care less about it.

Iv'e be covering him up at night and letting light in during the day.

Sometimes I see him ontop of his hide (thermo regulating) but most times in it. He's a pretty active little bugger that's for sure!

He is in the lounge room so he can see us moving about from the safety of his hide. I'm letting him see us moving around so he can get used to the idea of people being in his vicinity without us having to handle or touch him. In total he is about... MAYBE 15 cm long and no thicker than a pencil. So hes a tiny little guy. His temps are about 33 - 35 degrees. His hide is half on half off the heat mat so he can go to a cooler end of his hide if he so chooses. Heat mat is on a third of his tank, and it is a 5 watt.

Seeing a comparison of my darwins subadult rats and his fuzzy mice is quite funny I must admit. Haha

(Got him yesterday)

I would be waiting a minimum of a week before trying to feed. I would also put it somewhere quieter and with less foot traffic for the same length of time just to settle.

If you want it to get used to you after that (they don't really but each to their own) then move it into the lounge.

Congratulations on your new pet.

They are magnificent to watch. Bob watches us as we sit and watch TV or play F1 on the Playstation.
He is 14.5 years old and prefers not to be handled. When he's in his hide, he coils up with his gorgeous head sitting just outside his hide.

Congratulations on your new pet.

They are magnificent to watch. Bob watches us as we sit and watch TV or play F1 on the Playstation.
He is 14.5 years old and prefers not to be handled. When he's in his hide, he coils up with his gorgeous head sitting just outside his hide.

That's just like our 1 and a half year old darwin, shes got the temperament of a little old lady whos just happy to be there and is perfectly fine sitting under the blankets with her poking out while we watch tv. She's amazingly well mannered. :D And thanks, he certainly is a gorgeous lil guy :)

Im no expert but when i first got my bredli he was super aggressive, all he wanted in life was for me to be dead lol, then someone suggested putting him in a high traffic area which was exactly opposite what the dealer had told me.. worked awesome.. now i couldnt make him bite me if i tried.. he is only 7 months old now

Im no expert but when i first got my bredli he was super aggressive, all he wanted in life was for me to be dead lol, then someone suggested putting him in a high traffic area which was exactly opposite what the dealer had told me.. worked awesome.. now i couldnt make him bite me if i tried.. he is only 7 months old now

Thats why I have the new bub in the lounge, I've noticed he peeps his head out and watches us go passed. Or he comes right out up against the front of the glass, and it's SO HARD NOT TO GET HIM OUT! But he doesn't seem to be freaking out or anything and he's covered up most of the time. Also my partner and I are across the room mostly on the computers which is in another room, but there is an archway that the bub can see through. When I got him out of his transpot tub and to put him into his semi - perma tub, he was wriggling around like a little worm. DOCILE AS TOO! Hasn't bitten aeither of us yet, still.... letting him settle untill ATLEAST friday. Hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back