Snake size vs enclosure size???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to what should happen: "keeping them in captivity means looking after them better....". Some people should not be allowed to keep reptiles.
Just my opinion in a topic debate, without the need for sarcasm.

I didn't intend to insult you, I was moreso trying to point out that some common husbandry methods observed by keepers are counterproductive. Reptiles are fairly hardy and while they have an amazing capacity to survive and endure such conditions, they certainly don't thrive.

All that aside, I personally think it's rather absurd to purchase a reptile that will "fit" in an existing enclosure. It would be prudent to research ones of interest and consider all aspects of accommodating one, especially given the long term commitment required.

I don't massage her poop out as you so crassly put it. I sometimes massage her whole body and let her out on the carpet for awhile. And as much as you say they LOOOOVE to move around and stuff. Yes they do, any animal does. But usually if not always when shes out and about acquainting herself with table legs and curtains etc, she almost always goes to the corner of the room, or finds the smallest space she can fit herself into.

That's not to say that at night she doesn't move around, I'm sure she does and often too. But thats why I also have alot of branches in her tub. Not only does it give her things to climb on but it also keeps her using her muscles and promoting good bowel movements. So along with that I also give her ample exercise. And shes doing just fine in her 100 liter tub. Shes not obese, nor unhealthy in any way!

- - - Updated - - -

That must explain why there are many cases of reptile obesity, burns, RI and septicaemia in captivity (just to mention a few!)

Some people are severely retarded and shouldn't own any animal to begin with.

Just look at how people treat their fellow human, and think how they treat their animals.

But yes, obviously don't cram your snake into a tiny tub. That being said it doesn't have to be super huge either.
[MENTION=37955]Lawra[/MENTION] When I read your post xD
10530892_674873682608806_7323147311369592169_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
THIS:

he will ALWAYS be in his hide.

CONTRADICTS THIS:

That's not to say that at night she doesn't move around, I'm sure she does and often too.

Just look at how people treat their fellow human, and think how they treat their animals.

I find (and I know I'm not alone) that I treat my pythons far better than most "fellow humans" I interact with each day for two main reasons:

*Every single aspect of my pythons' existence and wellbeing is dependant on me. They are my sole dependants and I take that responsibility quite seriously.

*Humans... I'm having trouble explaining diplomatically, so I'll just leave it at that.

I didn't mean always as in HE WILL NEVER MOVE FROM IT.

Lol.

And don't even TRY and explain anything about humans people are too messed up to even try and understand.

I too take the responsibility very seriously and agree with you that they rely on us for everything.
With the human thing, I relate to animals better than I can people. :D

I didn't mean always as in HE WILL NEVER MOVE FROM IT.

My apologies [MENTION=38897]Beans[/MENTION]. You must have a far greater grasp of the English language as I understood always to mean at all times, especially due to your emphasis by capitalising the word initially.

I must also apologise for failing to respond in turn to your most hilarious pun filled meme, as the only apt ones I possess aren't considered suitable on a public forum such as this.

It's okay I wasn't expecting a promp reply. I simply love that pun. I see it and it makes me laugh every time.

And sure I used the wrong word but I just meant during the day, I don't often see them hanging about during the day unless hungry :D

Bit of light-hearted humor is always nice

[MENTION=38897]Beans[/MENTION] , i took that you used the word always in the literal sense of the word as well because that is what it means and also it fits into the sentence that you used it in. If you meant just in the day time they stay in there hide then that wouldn't warrant some room to move around and explore. Your statement was suggesting that you could have them in a very small box because they don't move and they stay in a hide all the time. I think that you maybe just made the statement without really thinking about what a snake really does. Saying that though I think that some overfed snakes would sit in there hide all of the time because I think snakes are generally lazy and only do things when they have to. The night time exploring i find to be only a few days after being fed and probably is the snake looking for more food once the meal has been mostly digested. I always make sure mine have had plenty of "hunting" before I feed them again.

Last edited:
Ours tend to be most active before a feed, roaming around looking for something to eat. Or just in general at this time of year, looking for a mate. :)

Why not get another Stimi?
Get a different type this time.
Otherwise look into using that enclosure until the new python needs a Bigger enclosure.

Anthony
aka White Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back