up's and down's of 2014

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjryan

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So at the start of this yr i got a hand full of breeding pairs. 2 of the woma python had a past of bad sheds. BAD sheds i was thinking not shedding well but no i found out they take 4-6 week to shed with as much help as i can give them Eg bathing. I had the male at the vet because his eyes are blue/milky and always have been vet started him on antibiotics for u/r infection i have found it hard not having a herp vet as my vet is doing the best they can but they did the injetions bad and i now have a open wound.
the vet is say there is nothing we can do for the eyes and so far this problem is not worry the python

This breeding season i did make mistakes i got as much info from books and internet as i could
I started the cooling and i did not think about the difference weather in NSW/QLD and VIC so i found out my day and night temp
need to be higher and because of this 3 of my python ended up with a staph infection 1 died and the other 2 are back on track now

It was easy to take them out of the breeding plans this yr but it is hard to have sick reptile and not have a herp vet

hope everyone yr is going better

[MENTION=26774]jjryan[/MENTION] how did low temps lead to a staph infection?

Something else would have had to have gone really wrong to get a staph infection o.o I didnt know they could even get that

The staph infection is like the one we get the python had a infection and then got staph
the vet send blood and skin to be coltured that how we found it to be staph

- - - Updated - - -

I have been told by a number of top breeders that staph is a infection that can be easy to kill or really hard thankfully a week of antibiotics and cleaning all cages with f10 was all i need to do.

There really is no substitute fro quality animals and a decent amount of experience...

A course of antibiotics only for a week.... That's sounds like a very short course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back