How to make a little type of tunnel?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Netteddragon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
K so I'm getting a lizard soon and I want to make a few small hides or tunnels that can keep them cool during some any ideas?

paper mache with some coloured grout and paint is a very basic idea, although depending on humidity might not be a good option.

What kind of lizards are they? I have drilled holes into logs for my ackie, he can't get enough of them. Or you could find some hollow branches/logs? Natural looks best

Cardboard rolls from paper towel and toilet paper! My snakes love them, if your lizards are small enough they might like them too.

I've used both both bark and cut openings in terracotta pots for my snakes. Not sure it that helps. But the price was right.

Fil...

That zoo med excavator clay is bloody good. i used it for a per a bearded dragon awhile back

PVC pipe cut in half and covered in grout is the easiest option as mentioned by sawowie.

If humidity wasn't a problem and you wanted a larger hide you could always paper mache a ballon, wait for it to dry, pop the balloon, cut in half, hide :)

If you wanted to waterproof it, you could cover it in grout or paint it with pond sealer.

Plastic pots, drainage pits inverted, false burrows are easily created with flexible drainage pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back