pics of frilled necks and their enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake4405

Reaction score
I have a baby frilly and i just want to some other frilly enclosure.

I have a baby frilly and i just want to some other frilly enclosure.

Hi Blake... These are set ups for adults but can be easily replicated in smaller enclosures... Happy to discuss any questions you may have
257dfa96fe7746eead87cf609f8a3b58.jpg

9c622d4898c20e4fe3f606418ad3abe3.jpg

Here are 3 of my Frill Neck enclosures... Height would certainly be a main factor to consider with your set up...

They're good enclosures Danny. Do you lose much heat through the glass?

They're good enclosures Danny. Do you lose much heat through the glass?

Thanks Bushman, timber certainly provides better insulation over glass however I'm able to maintain ambient winter temps averaging 25 degrees with basking temps in their high 30's... I run 2 x 125 watt MVBs in the big one which has 4 x mesh vents, criss crossed by 2 inch wide lengths of timber... The other I run 2 x 100 watt Phillips flood lights + 2 x compacts which has a glass top with a row air vents...

The third one doesn't hold heat as well as the others as the whole top is mesh.. I use 1 x 125 watt MVB + a 75-100 watt flood light to help maintain higher temps...

You have the lighting and heating well sorted, which is critical for such a sun-loving species such as this.

What about humidity? Do you simulate a wet season?

You have the lighting and heating well sorted, which is critical for such a sun-loving species such as this.

What about humidity? Do you simulate a wet season?

For Substrate I use a mix of river sand & choir peat that gets sprayed with water a couple of times a week bringing humidity up to around 60%... The frequency of spraying is increased coming into the warmer months... My NT pair in particular seem to enjoy coming down & digging around after a good spray :)

For Substrate I use a mix of river sand & choir peat that gets sprayed with water a couple of times a week bringing humidity up to around 60%... The frequency of spraying is increased coming into the warmer months... My NT pair in particular seem to enjoy coming down & digging around after a good spray :)
That sounds good Danny. Thanks for showing pics and sharing info.

Try on your computer!

Yep I was able to open the image on my desktop... That size enclosure looks like it will be ok for your young Frillie. However an upgrade will be inevitable down the track... What type of globe is that on the top left? Keep in mind it is important to have a temp gradient (warm end & cool end) Just keep an eye on where the lil fella is spending most of his time ensuring he is regularly basking and getting good amounts of UV...

If he is active, alert & eating plenty then these are good signs :)

[MENTION=36834]DeadlyDanny80[/MENTION] maybe you'd be kind enough to upload it then?

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=36834]DeadlyDanny80[/MENTION] maybe you'd be kind enough to upload it then?

Beaut enclosures! done really well there!

would be sick to some how get a small waterfall type thing in there too.

Good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back