Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mellyo4u

Reaction score
Hello
Just curious witch snake is best around kids
I have eastern long neck turtle and my kids dont try touch him as i told them he bites ( he doesnt tho )
Kids wont be touchin snake unless my partber is around we just r snake people .

Once again. Each individual snake is different. Personally I would suggest any of the Anteresia, Darwin pythons are great if handle lots when young. Bredls too

durema8y.jpg

I have a yearling childrens, (Chrissy). She has a really placid nature, and loves getting out for a hold. This is my daughter in the pic with her.
I can highly recommend them for kids who are getting used to snakes. I will point out that my daughter knows that she is only aloud to handle Chrissy while I'm by her side. More for Chrissy's safety lol.

Fil...

durema8y.jpg

I have a yearling childrens, (Chrissy). She has a really placid nature, and loves getting out for a hold. This is my daughter in the pic with her.
I can highly recommend them for kids who are getting used to snakes. I will point out that my daughter knows that she is only aloud to handle Chrissy while I'm by her side. More for Chrissy's safety lol.

Fil...

My partner and i have a 4 year old and a 2 year old
They know they dont touch the turtle unless mum or dad r there .
Wont be gettin a snake for a year or so though
If u could recomend where to buy one that would be great i have a licence does the class one licence let me have that paticula snake?

Any class 1 python can be good around kids. You just need to figure out how large you want it to grow. Spotteds/stimsoni/childreneli all grow to about the 1m mark. Carpets around 2m. And most enclosures are lockable so you dont have to worry about kids getting into them

Depends what result you want. An Anaconda might be appropriate if you want a specific outcome :rolleyes:
Seriously though it would be impossible to say a species as there are good, bad & pure evil in each. Bit like humans really.

I have jungles, olives, coastals, Darwin's, Cape Yorks, roughies, and gtps. Most are able to be held by my 6 year old and three year old apart from two of the jungles. My 3 month old might have trouble though :)

A REALLY BIG ONE . it will solve the kid problem quickly and quietly !!

we have a carpet , jungle , bhp and stimsons none of which have eaten any children :(

We have a 6ft coastal/jungle hybrid not sure on his full size ive been told alot of diff things alot of pet shops have told me some pre big sizes

We have a 6ft coastal/jungle hybrid not sure on his full size ive been told alot of diff things alot of pet shops have told me some pre big sizes
Yeah he is big haha but not sutibal for our children thats why we selling him he isnt use to anyone but you :)

Yeah he is big haha but not sutibal for our children thats why we selling him he isnt use to anyone but you :)

Im Mellyo4u's partner.. As i said we have coastal/Jungle hybrid... Melllyyyy dosent like holdiing him to much anymore since he's 6ft long soo he is only used to me and i very active once out of his terraium he likes to move around alot.. Anyone interested please inbox Mellyo4u or myself for more details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back